Background: The North American Sand Soccer Championships (NASSC) has presented a cash prize division for top men’s pro/am teams since 2001. This high-visibility competition is conducted in a beach stadium and is the focal point of the 22-block, 10,000 player world’s premier amateur/pro/am beach soccer festival. Given its size and longevity, the OPEN is considered the U.S. national pro/am championship. The U.S. OPEN is conducted over three days (Fri-Sun). The OPEN cash purse in 2014 was $25,000 USD.
- Deadline to Enter: The entry deadline for the U.S. OPEN is March 1, 2015, when both application and full entry fee required in hand at the HRSC Office in Virginia Beach. Professional team administration is expected. A limit of 12 teams is expected in 2015 to maximize levels of competition by international and U.S. entries. Team/player history will be required from teams who have not previously participated in NASSC. Registration will open in November online.
- Registration: U.S. OPEN registration will be held at a local restaurant Thursday evening, June 5th in conjunction with an OPEN player's reception. Rosters are not required until registration.
- International Entries: Must alert local U.S. consulates and football federations regarding intentions to travel to ensure timely passports and visas. Formal NASSC Letters of Invitation are available on request.
- Team Size: Maximum of 12 players. No roster changes permitted for any reason once submitted at registration. All players may dress for and compete in a match.
- Uniforms: Formal soccer uniforms are required for the OPEN, including matching shorts and numbered shirts. Teams should be prepared to wear either light or dark numbered jerseys. Scrimmage vests will not be permitted. The OPEN is heavily covered by the media.
- Officials: A minimum of two on-field officials will be used for preliminary matches and three for semifinals and finals.
- Rules: Refer to standard rules published on the tournament website
- Forfeits: A team forfeiting a match for any reason will not be allowed to compete further.
- Timing of Matches: Teams should arrive in Virginia Beach Thursday AM, June 4th. Matches will commence as early as 8:00 AM on Friday and 8:00 AM Saturday and Sunday. The Final will be completed by mid-afternoon Sunday. Evening matches under the lights will continue in 2015.
- Travel & Lodging: Teams are responsible for their own travel and lodging. Distant travelers routinely develop their own sponsors. Discounted prices are available on a first come - first served basis.
- Transportation: Team (vice individual) transport may be provided on a case basis to/from Norfolk International Airport to lodging site, if coordinated well in advance. Commercial taxi service is available for individuals coming independently and for team supporters.
- Entry Fee: $ 650.00 USD
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2014 U.S. OPEN teams!
U.S. OPEN Champions: Team Canada, Ontario
U.S. OPEN Finalists: CD Nacional, Madiera Is., Portugal
3rd Place: RUSH BSC (Cleveland, Ohio)
4th Place: HRSC Elite (Virginia Beach, VA)
Special Congratulations to:
MVP & Top Keeper Awards:
Anthony Alvez, Team Canada
Golden Toe Award (Top Goal Scorer):
Pablo Perez Gonzalez, CD Nacional
Congrats to the other US OPEN Participants
- Deerfield Beach RAVE, Deerfield Beach, FLORIDA
- Great Lakes BSC, Grand Haven, MICHIGAN
- Los Angeles BSC, Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Montco Azzurri , Landsdale, PENNSYLVANIA
- Miami United, Miami, FLORIDA
- Mountaineers, Morgantown, WEST VIRGINIA
- PJ’s FC, McLean, VIRGINIA
- Quality BSC, Nassau, BAHAMAS
- Tidewater Captains, Va Beach, VIRGINIA
- VBFH Xplosion, Va Beach, VIRGINIA