Breaking News! The 2016 U.S.OPEN selectees announced!
Costa Rica National Team
Columbus BSC, OH
ETA United, VA
FBS FC, FL
FC Barcelona, Spain
Great Lakes BSC, MI
HRSC Elite, VA
McLean BSC, VA
META BSC, Colombia
Montco Azzurri, PA
Portland BSC, OR
Team Canada, Toronto
Team Pugg, MA
Tidewater Captains, VA
Congrats to all the participating teams. Team bios coming soon!
U.S. OPEN Details
- Deadline to Enter: The entry deadline for the U.S. OPEN was March 1, 2016, when both application and full entry fee were required in hand at the HRSC Office in Virginia Beach. Professional team administration is expected. Team/player history will be required from teams who have not previously participated in NASSC.
- Registration: U.S. OPEN registration will be held at a local restaurant Thursday evening, June 9th, in conjunction with an OPEN player's reception. Rosters are not required until registration.
- International Entries: Must alert local U.S. consulates and football federations regarding intentions to travel to ensure timely passports and visas. Formal NASSC Letters of Invitation are available on request.
- Team Size: Maximum of 12 players. No roster changes permitted for any reason once submitted at registration. All players may dress for and compete in a match.
- Uniforms: Formal soccer uniforms are required for the OPEN, including matching shorts and numbered shirts. Teams should be prepared to wear either light or dark numbered jerseys. Scrimmage vests will not be permitted. The OPEN is heavily covered by the media.
- Officials: A minimum of two on-field officials will be used for preliminary matches and three for semifinals and finals.
- Rules: Refer to standard rules published on the tournament website
- Forfeits: A team forfeiting a match for any reason will not be allowed to compete further.
- Timing of Matches: Teams should arrive in Virginia Beach Thursday AM, June 9th. Matches will commence as early as 8:00 AM on Friday and 8:00 AM Saturday and Sunday. The Final will be completed by mid-afternoon Sunday. Evening matches under the lights will continue in 2016.
- Travel & Lodging: Teams are responsible for their own travel and lodging. Distant travelers routinely develop their own sponsors. Discounted prices are available on a first come - first served basis.
- Transportation: Team (vice individual) transport may be provided on a case basis to/from Norfolk International Airport to lodging site, if coordinated well in advance. Commercial taxi service is available for individuals coming independently and for team supporters.
- Entry Fee: $ 650.00 USD
Read about the 2015 U.S. OPEN RESULTS HERE